An overview of the One Community project to be delivered as a CEO Program project
Rugby League’s One Community program unites players, officials, volunteers, supporters and corporate partners to harness the profile of, and passion for Rugby League and make a positive difference to people's lives.
One Community does this by:
- Showcasing the game's already strong community involvement and building further interaction between all levels of the game and the community.
- Focusing on improving the lives of children and families who are in need.
- Responding to community needs by building partnerships with key stakeholders in the areas of health, education and social issues.
Rugby League has a number of resources and programs aimed at school-aged children. These include:
- Rugby League Reads (Primary) – reading program
- Eat Well Play Well Stay Well (Primary) – healthy lifestyle program
- Dream Believe Achieve (Secondary) – healthy lifestyle and goal setting program
They also have a focus on promoting respect, multiculturalism and anger management.
This group will evaluate the key areas of need within the Hills and Galston areas and determine how the One Community programs could be practically applied there. Their focus will be on equipping students and families to engage within the community successfully and raise attainment. Issues may include lack of aspiration, issues between generations within families, and lack of parental involvement.
They will generate program options to fit these areas of need and negotiate the running of a pilot of the tailored program within selected school(s).